VOLUNTEER AT KARAKAYA
Volunteering at Karakaya
If you are looking for a different holiday experience, think about joining us at Karakaya Retreat as a volunteer. We would love to hear from you!
Every year the Karakaya family has been growing with visiting volunteers from all over the world. Each leaves their unique touch on our space and our community; inspiring us, co-creating, bringing their hearts, ideas, stories and talents to Karakaya. Staying with us as a volunteer means that you will get to participate in some daily meditations, yoga, and partially in workshops and retreats too, as well as embracing both the fun and challenges of keeping the ball rolling. Volunteers have their allocated jobs, which contribute to the daily tasks that keep the center flowing and functioning; each does their individual bit to make sure the community is fed, comfortable and safe!
You can come to help us out in our busy and vibrant vegetarian kitchen and cafe, by working in the gardens, getting down to necessary handy work and maintenance, welcoming guests, playing with kids, meditating, doing yoga and more.
What do we offer our volunteers?
- Delicious vegetarian/vegan food and accommodation.
- Access to at least one yoga or meditation class per day.
- Enjoying being part of an international community of seekers that are committed to awakening and growth.
- 1 day off per week
- Wifi access only in the restaurant/cafe area
- Accommodation: All volunteers will stay either in shared rooms of 2-4 people, or in a tent. Toilets and showers are shared with other volunteers. If you stay in a tent you will share toilets & showers with guests using the public bathrooms.
What will you be doing?
- Welcoming people
- Serving at the cafe bar & restaurant
- Watering the gardens
- Playing with kids
- Designing projects for kids
- Making raw sweets & fermented drinks
- Baking gluten free breads & cookies
- Preparing veggies
- Washing dishes
- Maintaining compost
…And depending on your skills, much more is possible and welcomed.